Monday, May 13, 2013

GPS Contest 2013

That was pretty fun wasn't it? I enjoyed watching each team in action on Friday. The weather was awesome. So many of the groups did very well, and every one of the film canisters was found...... eventually. I commend all the teams for their hard work. Here are the results from the 2013 GPS Contest: GPS Final Standings 2013
Period 3: The Super Trendy Diapers narrowly edged out the Oreos to claim victory.
Period 4: Great People got the top spot, followed by the Jolly Space Ranchers.
Period 6: The Steampunks ran away with the contest, beating TMEK by 6 points.
Period 8: MAKS was victorious, but MG wasn't too far behind. Both teams had impressive point totals.

Feel free to leave comments that you have about the GPS contest. How was your experience? Were there any waypoints that you just couldn't seem to find? What was the best strategy? If you had to do the contest again, what would you change?

8 comments:

  1. My team wasn't very good at this game. We were last place. I still enjoyed this activity. We couldn't find "grow up" or the two waypoints by the construction site. Next time, I think my group should have stayed on the trail of the waypoint until we found every waypoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very fun activity. Once we figured out how to work the GPS, it went very smoothly. It's nice to have a group of people who all think about a problem in a different way, so we had a bunch of different ideas. I think that the best strategy was to find all of them in one particular area instead of going around and around the school. We learned that about half way through... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was really fun! I saw a dead bird though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the Gps contest it was a fun way to just kind of relax and have fun with science. The fun part about it was that you didn't know where anythiings was at so you kind of had to work for it. But the compitition gave us more motivation for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that the GPS contest was really fun. The names of the waypoints were good hints as to where to find them. We had trouble finding "Blue" and ended up not finding it because the time ran out. The only thing I didn't like was that I got really tired from running a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had fun doing this and I wish we could do it again! I think most teams used the strategy of just finding the caches as they went along, rather than looking for one at a time. If I had to do it again, I'd probably go with that same strategy since it seemed efficient with other teams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so much fun!!! I think the best stratgey was to just go fast... or to think about what the name was, it usually had a good clue. If I had to do it again I wouldn't have thought a little more. We ran right pass one and that stinks. So maybe going fast isn't the best stratgey!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it was really fun. I liked going outside for class instead of just staying inside. We couldnt find a few of them, but we just went to different ones after a while. If i could change something, I would rather have less people go at the same time, because some groups were following others and that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete